- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Romulus, MI, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefit Package
Put your certification to work and earn premium pay at Special Tree Rehabilitation.
Join our team and experience:
- Job Satisfaction
- Career Growth
- Annual Merit Increases
Rehabilitation Assistants work with clients with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries to provide personal care and rehabilitation services that will allow them to attain the highest levels of independence and self-esteem possible, given the nature of their injury.
Shift requirements: Afternoon(3:00 PM-11:00 PM)
- Provides direct client care services including personal care, hygiene, and nutritional needs
- Manage a household environment including meal preparation, housekeeping, and transportation to appointment and community outings
- Support therapeutic activities and medical needs
- Completes daily client documentation utilizing electronic health record system
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior direct care experience preferred
- Able to manage a household environment
- Strong communication, customer service, and documentation skills
- Valid Michigan driver's license required
- Excellent work ethic and attendance
Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Founded in 1974, Special Tree is one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 500 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council.
Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, supported living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.