- 17-Mar-2017 to 16-May-2017 (EST)
- Home & Community
- Brighton, MI, USA
- Negotiable depending on experience
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Put your certification to work and earn premium pay at Special Tree Rehabilitation.
Join our team and experience:
- Job Satisfaction
- Career Growth
- Annual Merit Increases
Rehabilitation Assistants work with clients with traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries to provide personal care and rehabilitation services that will allow them to attain the highest levels of independence and self-esteem possible, given the nature of their injury.
Shift requirements: 7:00am - 7:00pm
- Provides direct client care services including personal care, hygiene, and nutritional needs
- Manage a household environment including meal preparation and housekeeping
- Support therapeutic activities and medical needs
- Completes daily client documentation utilizing electronic health record system
- Client likes to play basketball and video games.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Preferably Recreation Therapy, Paraprofessional, Camp Counselor, or graduate student
- Prior direct care experience preferred
- Able to manage a household environment
- Must have an unrestricted Michigan driver's license as well as valid auto insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation (use of own vehicle is required).
- Strong communication, customer service, and documentation skills
- Excellent work ethic and attendance
Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Foued in 1974, Special Tree is one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 500 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council.
Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, supported living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.