- 17-Mar-2017 to 10-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Home Care
- Romulus, MI, USA
- Commensurate of experience
- Full Time
LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The LPN, as a member of the interdisciplinary care team ensures that clients are provided treatment, medication, diet, rehabilitative care, activities of daily living, protective service, and self-care training under optimum comfort and care conditions.
The Nurse provide guidance and direct delivery of clinical nursing care to Home Health Care clients by utilizing appropriate and required nursing interventions in response to the direction of a physician. In addition, the Home Health Care Nurse provides guidance and direction to the team in order to assure that each client maintains a proper level of physical health.
Shift: Days (7:00AM-7:00PM) with availability for Midnights (7:00PM-7:00AM)
- Two years nursing experience preferred.
- Current State of Michigan license as a practical (LPN) or registered nurse (RN).
- Specialized training or experience in rehabilitation of persons with acquired brain and spinal cord injury.
- Provides one to one direct supervision and support to clients in their homes and, or other treatment settings.
- Participates in all pre-admission assessments of potential residential clients.
- May write or assist with treatment plans, progress reports, doctor's letters, and completes performance (outcomes, quality improvement) measurement data forms in a quality and timely manner
- Provides on-call support to assigned residential centers regarding emergent medical needs of clients.
- Provides triage and guidance to staff in handling any changes in the medical status of clients.
- Periodically reviews a sampling of Charts and Medical Records to assure that all documentation is properly maintained
Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Founded in 1974, Special Tree is one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 500 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council.
Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, supported living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.