- 06-Feb-2017 to 07-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Children's Services
- Romulus, MI, USA
The Children's Services Discover! Summer Activity Aide works with the Discover! Program and reports to Team Leaders and Clinical Manager for Children's Services. The Activity Aide is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the summer program and will act as an assistant to the program leaders.
June 12, 2017 - August 25, 2017.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- One year of college; required.
- Previous experience in planning and leading group activities, recreation therapy, or similar experiences preferred.
- Experience working with youth and adolescents with disabilities preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have the ability to drive a large van.
- Should possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must successfully complete of all required STRS training.
- Great interpersonal skills and feel comfortable interacting with a diverse group of children and adults both at the facility and in the community.
Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Founded in 1974, Special Tree is one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 500 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council.
Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, supported living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.