- 30-Jan-2017 to 31-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Romulus, MI, USA
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Part Time
Some benefits included.
LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
JOIN OUR NURSING TEAM!
The Nursing Team Leader provides clinical support to the nursing staff at the NeuroCare Center (NCC). Assures continuity of the overall strategies, designs, goals, plans, and practices are followed in accordance with Special Tree's mission, vision, and value statement as well as regulatory agencies, accrediting agencies, and company policies and procedures. The Nursing Team Leader will serve as a role model and mentor for all nursing and RST staff.
Part-time/weekends only (24 hours per week)/12 hour shift
- Maintains a current license from the Michigan Department of Community Health to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Two years of nursing experience; preferred.
- Specialized training or experience in rehabilitation, subacute and long term care; preferred.
- Ability to manage areas of responsibilities according to the regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures.
- Writing skills and the ability to assist in development of policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with nursing personnel, interdisciplinary team, clients, and families.
- Strong interest in working with traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury head injury, as well as sub-acute clients and their families.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills.
Special Tree Rehabilitation System. Founded in 1974, Special Tree is one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 500 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council.
Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, supported living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.